Monday, January 10, 2011

Just a Few Days to Go!

We think we're ready to go - that's code for we must have forgotten something.  We pick up Laura's cousins on Wednesday.  They are looking after our house (and dog) while we are away.  On Sunday the 16th we head for the airport and the big silver Air New Zealand bird.

The map shows our first day destination.  We land in Auckland about 0630 a.m. We'll put our bikes together, load our gear and then cycle 40 km to Pukekohe where we'll crash.

After that we expect to head east.  (On her first trip here Laura and the group headed more southeast.)

5 comments:

  1. It must be getting really exciting ! How many hours ahead is NZ.
    Rick

    ReplyDelete
  2. New Zealand is 21 hours ahead of us. Or, i figure 3 hours behind but add a day for the date.
    Greg

    ReplyDelete
  3. So at 9:00pm we will catch you at 6:pm in NZ.
    Rick

    ReplyDelete
  4. I took a little look at Pukekohe and landed on Logan street. It was the country side. Next I tried the town and landed near some interesting busnesses...Mad Butcher, Nappy House, Smart Bar. Interesting...
    jd

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a great trip! I wish I was going with you, but I couldn't convince my boss we should start exporting to New Zealand and that I should be the person to scout it out for him.
    Terri

    ReplyDelete